(206) 949-5683, Top Rated Plumber, Seattle
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

Thread: England starting to imitate America?

Senior Robin Hood Guy Ian Gills's Avatar

Tom,

You know as well as I do that Americans love rules. They hate to admit it, because the country was founded on Freedom, but deep inside each and every American is an admiration for rules, whether it be a building code or the law. Each of you has a born design to follow. And keep within the norms. I blame (or credit) your parents for this behavior.

Ban guns, and nine out of ten Americans would drop them off to the authorities the very next day. The remainder would drop them after a year or so when they find out they couldn't get the bullets.

Don't believe me?

Think of the humble three handle tub/shower valve. It's largely non-code compliant now. And I don't know a single American that didn't move over to a single pressure--balanced valve as soon as they found out these were no longer adequate. And for those that do still have them, just try to buy a replacement. They simply are not sold any more.

Ban guns and you'd have Americans queueing up at the Police Station the next day, eager to dispense of their arsonry to free their conscience.

Because y'all love rules and it just itches ya to be in "non-compliance". Americans just can't seem to sleep at night knowing they're not within the law.

A ban might not work elsewhere, but it would sure as heck work here!
    Last edited by Ian Gills; 08-22-2011 at 06:50 PM.

Americans love rules? You need to take a trip to Texas, or Montana or perhaps New Hampshire
    [B]No, plumbing ain't rocket science. Unlike rocket science, plumbing requires a license[B]

There has been a turn in your gun for cash program in different cities and, when first started their was alot of reports of guns being stolen, turned in for cash. I don't know how successful that is.

You know I'm right.

Tell your neighbors you don't respect the law or don't follow building code and watch the reception you get.

Of course you won't do that, will you?

General Engineering Contractor ballvalve's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Gills View Post
    I am speechless.

Your poor people from disadvantaged backgrounds are the same as those everywhere else.

The reason people don't die from gun crime in other countries in the horrific numbers as they do here is simply because gun ownership is controlled.

Ban guns. If you value life.

Am I only one around here that values American lives?
    Banning guns here would be just as effective as in Afghanistan.

No, you are not alone in valuing American lives, We just want to keep the freedom to extinguish those disturbed ones that deserve the cemetery.

If you don't have a gun taped to the Cadet 3 tank bottom in each toilet and one in each bedroom, and one next to the entry door, your chances of becoming a sad statistic are very high.

Although I have a delightful German Shepherd that would have to be shot several times before anyone was stupid enough to try and open a door.

Once you advocate dogs instead of pool cues, we will agree.

I am venturing a guess that a BIG Shepherd in a house is a better crime deterrent than any collection of guns

And another one outside makes you a total 'pass by' for criminals.
    Last edited by ballvalve; 08-27-2011 at 12:54 AM.

[[I][/I]QUOTE]I'd just love to see the American population, grandma and all, rise up against the US Government and its army. It would be a bloodbath.
    [/QUOTE]

Since we have such a good system of checks and balances, our army would'nt even get out of its bunks to quell a uprising proposed by a maniac ruler.

This is NOT Libya, in case you have not noticed yet.

Then you don't need the guns. Or are you worried Congress will come round and whoop your behind?

Without an army, they're a bunch of 70-something year olds (you like your elderly leaders here, don't you?).

Ban guns. Except Ballvalve who's afraid of his 75 year old Congress woman.
    Last edited by Ian Gills; 08-27-2011 at 09:00 AM.

My previous congressman was my partner in a large land and vineyard deal. Never dealt with such an avaricious, deranged, lying, disturbed individual.

A large newspaper did a front page article called "Vines and lies" But I was advised by other political friends that my honest interview would probably cause unusual fires to my house and business by the Portugese, Italian and other small time, big money farm mobsters.

They installed this imbecile as their puppet to preserve their free Govt. water supply and kick backs for NOT growing things.

The only medicine for this despot is a gun. Small caliber, starting with kneecaps.

But we need guns for the coming chinese invasion.

It's not the Chinese Ballvalve.

The English are coming.

The English are coming.
    Ian, man your pump, not little Ian. this is no time for self gratification.
    I am definitely not a pro plumber, but I am a pro crastinator

The English are coming.
    Well, then we just need pool cues and pasties to beat or lure them into submission. They'll soon be driving Ford pick ups and learning real English and calling us mates...

The Chinese will have us pounding broken yellow pottery into hot asphalt for the center lines. [Actually saw it] and clearing out the SPCAS's and pounds [and our yards] for their dinners. And killing all our bears for their claws and gall bladders
    Last edited by Terry; 08-29-2011 at 02:55 PM.

The English would not sit by and watch that happen Ballvalve.

Don't worry. You're ours, not theirs.