(206) 949-5683, Top Rated Plumber, Seattle
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: England starting to imitate America?

Welcome back Cookie!
    I am definitely not a pro plumber, but I am a pro crastinator

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Sawyer View Post
    You gravely under estimate us
    Absa tootly, he does!

Senior Robin Hood Guy Ian Gills's Avatar

I am not sure Americans would rise to the challenge of helping someone outside their family.

Else they'd quit complaining about taxes and spending to help those less fortunate than themselves.
    Last edited by Ian Gills; 08-11-2011 at 10:44 AM.

General Engineering Contractor ballvalve's Avatar

The churches help people outside their family. With the money they did not give to the imbeciles in congress to send to ASSghanistahn.

America and Canada are like Czecho/Slovakia, divided, but exactly the same with nuances.

Kids usually calm down after age 19 or 20, especially if they didnt soak up a ton of drugs in "college". And a kid with a real family doesnt loot shops under any conditions. So all those lost kids need to go into slave-labor camps, and start cleaning the streets and canals of rubbish.

And send in a gaggle of sluts on friday night as their pay. And during the week the girls can work the neighborhoods dads, and tax them, and thank them for keeping the child murderers off the street. Weekly VD tests. Reduce the statuatory rape age to 15 - they start at about 11 now anyway.

No work ethic - no family - no skills - no society.

One thing I do like about this country is religous freedom.

I love not to have to go to church.

Churches are fine but they should pay taxes. And "church traffic" is a joke that something needs to be done about as it is a nuisance to others.

Work ethics do not come from families. They come from mentors and mostly from good schools.

America is already downgraded. Unless it fixes its schools it will be on a slipperly slope.

Welcome to second place.

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Gills View Post
    I am not sure Americans would rise to the challenge of helping someone outside their family.

Else they'd quit complaining about taxes and spending to help those less fortunate than themselves.
    that's an ignorant answer. You have absolutely no idea how much I have donated to the American Red Cross in the past 10 years, and that's only one. I donate lots to St. Judes for Children as well. I am just one of so many Americans who give to help others. A good deal of my donations to the Red Cross has gone to help others, such as in Indonesia and Japan, people who I do not know and probably never will but I did what I could to help in their time of need.

Why do Americans so willingly give to charity and not to taxes?

Is this another case of they know best how to spend their money?

Works fine until you start getting the needy that are left behind e.g. muslims in Somalia.

I prefer the judgement of the many (i.e. Government) over the individual and - sometimes - God e.g. Catholic hospitals and abortion/gay marriage when they threaten to remove their essential services which taxpayers should be providing anyway to ensure proper separation of church and state.
    Last edited by Ian Gills; 08-11-2011 at 01:08 PM.

Then again the last time they under estimated us they sailed back home crying to the King
    [B]No, plumbing ain't rocket science. Unlike rocket science, plumbing requires a license[B]

Many of those that fought for the Crown were...ahem...American.

No doubt you swiftly put an end to them.

They changed their ways when they realized the splendor of true freedom from unfair taxation. Something that unfortunately our current legislators seem to have forgotten.
    [B]No, plumbing ain't rocket science. Unlike rocket science, plumbing requires a license[B]

Your current President is the man for the job.

I salute the President of the United States.

And I expect all Americans to do the same.

There are many of us Americans that donate to the poor people of Somalia; wouldn't it be wonderful though, if the very rich Muslim oil supplying countries feed and help their bretheren people of Islam?

General Engineering Contractor ballvalve's Avatar

Work ethics do not come from families. They come from mentors and mostly from good schools

Mentors are the best and many come from inside the family. Schools rarely mentor. And are more rarely "good" - They kill time. Sports: the greatest dementor of our kids....

A mentor is a one on one guy with the kid on a bucket watching dad or uncle drill a 1" hole in a 2" thick piece of steel. Or welding up a ripper for a dozer. Every 6 year old should have his own welding helmet so he can watch. Better than any cartoon for him. And when he is 12, he will automatically be able to do that job without further instruction.

Unless he decides to be a pianist instead, which is fine, if not so well paying.

[B]
    There are many of us Americans that donate to the poor people of Somalia; wouldn't it be wonderful though, if the very rich Muslim oil supplying countries feed and help their bretheren people of Islam?
    [/B]

All those Saudis with the big white bathrobes and a hookah in their gold dripping mouths, and twelve
    concubines waiting naked in the next room can pay for OUR rice to feed their Somalian bretheren with 16 kids per family. Not on my nickle.
    Last edited by ballvalve; 08-11-2011 at 06:43 PM.

My current President was and is ill prepared for the job, nor does he have the testicular fortitude to make the hard decisions. Promissing what can not be delivered is the cowards way. I feel for whoever is the next to take the reins after this President and this Congress have finished destroying my country with their greed and corruption.

Ha ha, Ian little do you know, you only got Ian's Corner because I suggested it, ask Don. Ha ha...

so, say thank you Ian.