What kind of pump

Users who are viewing this thread

tomalidav

Reaction score
Just had a new well dug in SE AZ. 410 feet deep. Am completely off grid but do not want another solar pump. is there a 110v pump which could handle this? If not, I will use my portable generator to pump as we do not have 220v on our system.

LLigetfa

DIYer, not in the trades
Reaction score
You don't say what the water table comes up to. It is a very important factor in choosing the right size of pump. This is just a generalization but I doubt a genset that only produces 110V would drive a suitably sized pump to draw from 400 feet. Rather than search for a 110V pump, you should consider a 240V genset.

Ballvalve

General Engineering Contractor
Reaction score
My solar friend built a little oil field type pumper, and uses a standard pump cylinder and sucker rod to operate. I think its 600' and uses a tiny motor off of one dedicated panel. These last almost forever and all repairs are fairly easy from the surface.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks