Toilet not flushing, then leaking

Users who are viewing this thread

tml

Reaction score
HELP!! :) Yesterday morning my downstairs toilet appeared clogged---water came up to the rim of the bowl. (Of course this kind of thing HAS to happen on a Friday morning as I'm on my way to work!! :)After work,I bought a toilet plunger and it seemed to help, but while plunging I saw a little water splashing out of the bolt cap. This morning the toilet seemed to work fine---it flushed and was apparently working, didn't overlow, flushed completely. However, when I went into the bathroom later, the floor was flooded. Please tell me this could just be maybe a wax ring that needs to be replaced and not the whole toilet.............please???? THANKS for any help you can give!! (I have turned off the water at the wall valve.)

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks