Boiler btuh output ratings.

Users who are viewing this thread

toebone51

Reaction score
I have 2 heating water boilers rated at 7,300,000 btuh. The relief valve on each unit is rated at 6,235,000 btuh @125 psi. I had an inspection yesterday from my insurance company and he red flagged them. They told me I had to have a relief valve that was equal to or above the boiler rating. The state inspector approved the boilers upon commissioning in 2009. I had an inspection from the same insurance company in 2010 with a different inspector and they were approved. I thought you sized the relief valve to go off at 80% of the boilers maximum capacity. I know the psi factor. Not the btu factor. Is there a different formula for btu? Thanks for your response.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks