Pulse Width Modulation

Users who are viewing this thread

BobL43

DIY Senior Member
Reaction score
back in the old days, I make a little pulse width modulator control for my model N train's speed. The original power pack that came with the trains was unable to properly control the train at low crawl speeds, so I found this article in one of the magazines, I think it was my old Radio TV Experimenter back in the 70's. worked great.

DonL

Jack of all trades Master of one
Reaction score
Do you still play with the trains ?

They are fun.

I like the slot cars also.
Now they cheat and use magnets to keep them on the track.

BobL43

DIY Senior Member
Reaction score
Do you still play with the trains ?

They are fun.

I like the slot cars also.
Now they cheat and use magnets to keep them on the track.

No Don, I don't have the trains anymore. Some I sold at a Lionel train store in NYC (I think they were O gauge?), and some I sold to buyers that had placed ads in train magazines. That was all in the 70's too. I did make out pretty good selling all that stuff.
I have no more interest in trains; it was just a passing fancy and envy of others enjoying their trains.

DonL

Reaction score
It is OK to say that your wife made you get rid of them. She is your funnest play toy, Got to love them Females.

I understand. ...lol...

BobL43

DIY Senior Member
Reaction score
Not that I was trying to, but I can't fool you. So right Don. 47 years together a few days ago. she is still hot, but it comes in flashes now.

DonL

Reaction score
We can't live with them and we can't live without them.

They got us by the balls.

But that is a good thing...

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks