Hot Water Barely Running in Kitchen Sink

Users who are viewing this thread

roboslob

Reaction score
I'm a DIYer and turned off both hot and cold water supply to the kitchen sink to fix a really nasty clog today (manual snake, shorts and shirt in garbage). Anyway I turned them back on and the hot is barely trickling out. The cold is fine. Hot water works everywhere else in the house. I suspect a faulty valve but not sure. Any advice is greatly appreciated.

SacCity

In the Trades
Reaction score
Website
saccityplumbing.com
Most likely got gunk in the line,

This happens most frequently on galvanized piping systems.
When you shut the water on and off it can break off the gunk in the pipes and clogg the valves and hoses.

Shut of the water to the home remove the shut off valve and supply hose to the kitchen sink. Blow them out, or better yet replace them.
if that dose not fix the problem then you will have to take the faucet apart and clean it out or replace it...

Michael

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
Gunk in the line is the most likely, but you could have kinked the supply line. This might be a good time to replace the old shut off valves with new 1/4 turn ones.

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
If the shutoff is a multi-turn valve, it has a washer, and sometimes, they get stuck or break apart which can clog things up.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks