Septic water pump issue

Users who are viewing this thread

chunhuach

Reaction score
The water pump in my septic system is not working well, two issues:
1. Sometimes the float just won’t trigger the pump, even if I lifted it, do I need to replace it or should I look into something? Sometimes it will work (magically), should I replace it?
If I replace do I just replace the head or I replace the wire as well? The one home depot is selling (http://www.*********.com/h_d1/N-5yc...splay?langId=-1&storeId=10051&catalogId=10053) comes with the wire, that’s why I am asking. Replacing the wire is a little troublesome since the wire is buried
2. Sometimes the float started to work (magically), but the pump will be triggered once a minute or so. The reason is that when the pump stops, water will back flow to fill the tank gradually. I am sure the drain field is still working as most of the water is pumped out, just a small amount of water will flow back every time. I don’t know if it has a one way check valve, should I install one? (I don't know why it wasn't installed originally so wondering if it's OK to install a one way check valve in a septic water pump)

chunhuach

Reaction score
I took a picture:
https://picasaweb.google.com/115164...thkey=Gv1sRgCNmbluDdrcnKywE&feat=embedwebsite

so should I just cut that PVC then intall a check valve? there isn't much room for me to work on without getting down to the tank. Are there flexible pipes I can use?

The alarm also not working, if I know how to do it I would replace the whole thing with a panel which contains the alarm. I called a local company they will charge 239 for simple coming to see the issue...

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks