Reliable Angle Stops

Users who are viewing this thread

Dahlman

VP at Dahl Brothers Canada Limited
Reaction score
Website
www.dahlvalve.com
Now we have something to talk about! Good on you guys for using our brass to make a great valve.

I buy a lot of quarter turn pex crimp type valves from PEX supply, and they are branded WATTS with no country of origin, though on "appearance" they appear of good quality.

Get your marketing guys on top of pex supply, they do big business here, and try and get them to carry your valve so I can buy them.

I am a builder and manufacturer, and also the product of immigrant parents and grandparents. So its a great feeling when you hear from another successful company that has not sold its soul to Asia.

Another great valve maker for the milk and food market is Tri-clover, still based I believe in Kenosha Wisconsin. Products that belong in a museum.

Thanks for the kind words, ballvalve!! I am sending the following message to the Customer Service Dept at Pex Supply now, and I'll give them a call if I don't get a response by the middle of next week since it may be unorthodox for a prospective supplier to solicit them through this channel at their office.

Thanks again!!

Good morning,

Have you looked into carrying Dahl valves?

Here is a request from a plumber (Oops - edit - you are a General Engineering Contractor - sorry about that!) at the Terry Love plumbing forum: "Get your marketing guys on top of pex supply, they do big business here, and try and get them to carry your valve so I can buy them." from this thread: https://terrylove.com/forums/showthread.php?42927-Reliable-Angle-Stops&p=309206

I am one of the owners at Dahl and we could easily set you up as a distributor.

If you would like to have a truly domestic & top quality 1/4 turn mini-ball valve line to offer to your customers (our reported field failure rate is 3 ppm), then give me a call. If you read the trade mags, then you may have seen our "I Can't Take a Leak" ads.

I look forward to speaking with you.

Last edited:

Ballvalve

General Engineering Contractor
Reaction score
Send this over to the Plumbing forum, or hopefully the mods will do it.

edit ;I see we are in plumbing. forgot with all the wine barrell talk

Move it to showers too...

Last edited:

df2

Reaction score
I like the Dahl ones. They're made in Canada too which means that you do not have to worry about shoddy American craftsmanship.
They can't make those valves without the superior materials from America. From Dahl's website:
Brass. Compared to “offshore” brass, American brass has fewer impurities and a preferable microstructure. This results in far superior corrosion resistance in aggressive water conditions.

PTFE. The quality of American PTFE rod dahl purchases for precision-machined ball valve seals is unmatched, and critical to long product life. dahl mini-ball™ valves have been life cycle tested to over 700,000 cycles without failure.

O-Rings. dahl only purchases American O-rings made from the highest quality compounds. O-rings used by dahl are free from common defects such as geometric deficiencies that cause leaks and rapid deterioration caused by inferior resistance to aggressive elements in the water.

I am still waiting for someone to present to the board America's shining example of an angle stop.

Canada has this one made and for good reason!
AY McDonald is a great American manufacturer with their own foundries and machine plants in the US. They are have been creating low-lead brass for potable water for 25 years, long before low-lead was law. AY McDonald manufacturers everything from valves for city municipal water plants to the the water meter housings at the street and the angle stop under your sink. It's a family owned company for over 150 years that has patented many of the tools and parts used in North America plumbing systems. I've never seen an AYM supply valve leak.

AYM is American foundry using American brass with 150 year experience. Dahl is Canadian foundry using American brass with 50 year experience. I imagine they both do an equally good job considering they use the highest quality materials & assembly. I wouldn't hesitate to buy an AYM or Dahl valves for any project.

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks