handheld shower with regular shower head

Users who are viewing this thread

BillieJay

Reaction score
Hi. We are tearing out our fiberglass shower and putting up tile. Is there a way to have both a hand held shower and a regular shower head without having to pay at least 1000.00 more money? I just replaced our shower trim and valve upstairs with a brushed nickel shower head and the materials(trim and valve) were about 160.00. My 90.00 an hour plumber charged us 315.00 to replace. We had a leak and the wall behind had to be cut open. I think we were charged more than the real time spent, but, oh well...
So from my research, it seems that just the parts for the handheld and stationary shower head would be close to 1000.00 including the new valve, but nothing else, so I can't even imagine what it would cost with the rest of the parts and labor. Does anyone know of a way this could be accomplished without breaking the bank? I've seen the price pfister system and the delta intuition system, but am not sure if either of those is a good solution. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Thank-you,
Billie

BobL43

DIY Senior Member
Reaction score
Hi. We are tearing out our fiberglass shower and putting up tile. Is there a way to have both a hand held shower and a regular shower head without having to pay at least 1000.00 more money? I just replaced our shower trim and valve upstairs with a brushed nickel shower head and the materials(trim and valve) were about 160.00. My 90.00 an hour plumber charged us 315.00 to replace. We had a leak and the wall behind had to be cut open. I think we were charged more than the real time spent, but, oh well...
So from my research, it seems that just the parts for the handheld and stationary shower head would be close to 1000.00 including the new valve, but nothing else, so I can't even imagine what it would cost with the rest of the parts and labor. Does anyone know of a way this could be accomplished without breaking the bank? I've seen the price pfister system and the delta intuition system, but am not sure if either of those is a good solution. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Thank-you,
Billie

I installed the Delta intuition setup in brushed nickel (Delta calls that color Stainless Brilliance). W'eve had it and used it for about 3 months or so. Paid 224 bucks for the complete set with valve and tub spout/trim, etc. at HD for it. We are pleased with the way you can use the hand held or stationary head, or both together. Clipping the handheld into the main head is (may be) a little tricky, so you have to make sure it is clicked in so it won't fall out. It gives you plenty of water shooting at you, with whatever water flow restrictor it may have built into it. We have 80 psi water pressure, and plenty of volume available to the shower.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks