(206) 949-5683, Top Rated Plumber, Seattle

Thread: handheld shower with regular shower head

Default handheld shower with regular shower head

Hi. We are tearing out our fiberglass shower and putting up tile. Is there a way to have both a hand held shower and a regular shower head without having to pay at least 1000.00 more money? I just replaced our shower trim and valve upstairs with a brushed nickel shower head and the materials(trim and valve) were about 160.00. My 90.00 an hour plumber charged us 315.00 to replace. We had a leak and the wall behind had to be cut open. I think we were charged more than the real time spent, but, oh well...
    So from my research, it seems that just the parts for the handheld and stationary shower head would be close to 1000.00 including the new valve, but nothing else, so I can't even imagine what it would cost with the rest of the parts and labor. Does anyone know of a way this could be accomplished without breaking the bank? I've seen the price pfister system and the delta intuition system, but am not sure if either of those is a good solution. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
    Thank-you,
    Billie

Try this site.
    I have used Alson shower parts for many different applications.

www.alsons.com.

Hope this helps.

Quote Originally Posted by BillieJay View Post
    Hi. We are tearing out our fiberglass shower and putting up tile. Is there a way to have both a hand held shower and a regular shower head without having to pay at least 1000.00 more money? I just replaced our shower trim and valve upstairs with a brushed nickel shower head and the materials(trim and valve) were about 160.00. My 90.00 an hour plumber charged us 315.00 to replace. We had a leak and the wall behind had to be cut open. I think we were charged more than the real time spent, but, oh well...
    So from my research, it seems that just the parts for the handheld and stationary shower head would be close to 1000.00 including the new valve, but nothing else, so I can't even imagine what it would cost with the rest of the parts and labor. Does anyone know of a way this could be accomplished without breaking the bank? I've seen the price pfister system and the delta intuition system, but am not sure if either of those is a good solution. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
    Thank-you,
    Billie
    I installed the Delta intuition setup in brushed nickel (Delta calls that color Stainless Brilliance). W'eve had it and used it for about 3 months or so. Paid 224 bucks for the complete set with valve and tub spout/trim, etc. at HD for it. We are pleased with the way you can use the hand held or stationary head, or both together. Clipping the handheld into the main head is (may be) a little tricky, so you have to make sure it is clicked in so it won't fall out. It gives you plenty of water shooting at you, with whatever water flow restrictor it may have built into it. We have 80 psi water pressure, and plenty of volume available to the shower.
    I am definitely not a pro plumber, but I am a pro crastinator

There are several ways it could be done, and NONE of them cost $1,000.00 if you already have the basic valve.
    Licensed residential and commercial plumber