Guinivere Unifit shows.

Users who are viewing this thread

HTP_DIY

Reaction score
Our new Guinivere toilet has been installed with a 10" Unifit, is 2 3/4" from the wall, and Unifit sticks out from the
back. You can see it when you walk in the door of the bathroom. This is not what I would have wanted to
compliment our beautiful guest bath. Is this supposed to be the case or was the toilet installed improperly? I
reached back to touch the gray plastic and there is sticky stuff in the top. I called Toto tech support and they say
that "Sticky stuff" should not be there. Do you have a clue why our plumber would have put it there and is there a way to install the Unifit so that it doesn't show in the back when you look at the side of the toilet?

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
The plumber may have smeared wax on the unifit.

If you look at the very back, you will see the Unifit. You will also see a water supply and a shutoff.
Lot's of stuff to look at.

ms974_02.jpg

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
If you have 2-3/4" from the wall, why did you choose the 10" Unifit and not use the 12" one that comes with it for no extra cost? Using the stock 12" one would have the back of the toilet moved back those two extra inches, and hide a lot more - you'd still have 3/4" behind, which is plenty.

HTP_DIY

Reaction score
Thanks, Terry, but in this case the portion of the Unifit that shows is out almost an inch. When I look at the diagram of the Guinevere with the Unifit installed it seems to be out less.

If we changed to a 12" Unifit would the toilet move back closer to the wall or further out? 2 3/4" seems like too far out and I am thinking that maybe if it were closer the Unifit wouldn't show as much. Our contractor also thinks it should be further back towards the wall, regardless of the Unifit issue.

Thank you for discussing this with me. I need to understand this before I speak with the plumber and contractor about it.

HTP_DIY

Reaction score
Thanks, Jadnashua, that was one of my questions. I think the decision was made because they thought there wouldn't be enough room, but I'm guessing. Maybe because the prior toilet, an Ultramax was not close to the wall. I wish I had measured the distance from the center of the flange to the wall myself. Now it is hidden by the toilet, of course. I think we should take the toilet up and look. Of course it will mean drilling more holes in the marble, but it may be worth it.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks