Noise matters: Drake, Eco Drake, or Drake II?

Users who are viewing this thread

RandySea

Reaction score
I live in north central WA with no local place to try out toilets. My plumber says he'll install whatever I buy,. I had settled on the Drake then started considering 1.28 gals -the Drake II. I wondered if the dual jet would be noisier. Then I just saw here a reference to the Eco Drake.

We'll be putting in two toilets. The guest WC isn't close to anything, so whichever flushes cleanest is a good choice, with 1.28 gal preferred. The other toilet is pretty close to the master BR. Quiet matters more there. But is there a noticeable difference among the three? This will be in new construction, so no old pipes or creaky floors.

Thanks.

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
I have a Toto Dartmouth in my master bath and a Toto Drake in the basement. Both are 1.6 gpf models. The actual flush process takes about 3 seconds. After that there is only a slight sound of the refill. Because low flow toilets release the entire flush water very quickly, there is bound to be some noise. Whether it is offensive depends on who is judging. Certainly it is no where near the noise a pressure assist toilet makes. Perhaps old time 5 and 7 gpf models were quite because the water was release very slowly (just my guess) In my opinion, none of the models you mention will make a great deal of noise. I'd go with the model that looks the best to you.

RandySea

Reaction score
Well, it's a year later and I'm living in my new house. I am really pleased with the two Drake IIs I installed. They are indeed quiet, compared to any other toilet I've ever owned. They also refill fast, further keeping the noise to a minimum. Thanks for the advice, Terry.

Also, as a big producer and therefore regular user of a plunger to clear my older, 1.6 gal toilets in Seattle, I am happy to report not a single plunger needed in 4 months. Ok, I did have two occasions where a second flush was necessary. Like I said, I'm a big producer. Nonetheless, this is still excellent performance.

WJcandee

Wise One
Reaction score
Well, it's a year later and I'm living in my new house. I am really pleased with the two Drake IIs I installed. They are indeed quiet, compared to any other toilet I've ever owned. They also refill fast, further keeping the noise to a minimum. Thanks for the advice, Terry.

Also, as a big producer and therefore regular user of a plunger to clear my older, 1.6 gal toilets in Seattle, I am happy to report not a single plunger needed in 4 months. Ok, I did have two occasions where a second flush was necessary. Like I said, I'm a big producer. Nonetheless, this is still excellent performance.

What a nice follow-up! I'm so glad to hear that a year later you are happy with your choice. I expect to be in the same place a year from now with our recently-installed Totos. We love them so far for all the reasons you mentioned. Hope you are enjoying the other aspects of your new home as well!! ;)

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks