Do I need a pressure gauge?

Users who are viewing this thread

1jackw

Reaction score
I have a 15-20 foot shallow well that has been used to water my 3/4 acre lawn with a sprinker in the past, and I'm in the process of installing an underground sprinkler system.

I just purchased a 1HP Franklin Electric Versajet Shallow Well Jet Pump. The manual says the pressure switch is factory set at 30/50 PSI. It goes on to say that an optional pressure gauge is required when adjusting the pressure switch. My questions are as follows:

1. Should I install a pressure gauge? (there is a pressure port on the pump that came with a plug installed)
2. If so, should I keep the PSI at 30/50 or adjust to 40/60?
3. The pressure tank I have connects to the pump with a rubber hose. Although larger, it reminds me of the old style washing machine hoses that had a limited lifespan. Should I upgrade to something better? If so, what material? A type of hose, or install piping?

Thanks for your advice.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks