Toilet flow problem

Users who are viewing this thread

retzman22

Reaction score
First time homebuyer and just moved into this house. It has a well and septic. 1 toilet seems to flush and work fine. However the other toilet has issues. The tank seems to always be full of water but the bowl is pretty much empty. If you flush the toilet it fills with water rapidly but slowly drains out similar to a bath tub. Is the toilet clogged?

I havent tried much due to being very new to the repairing toilet scene.

Thank you very much,
Ryan

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Another thing that can slowly drain a bowl is something like dental floss caught. It acts like a wick. The toilet could be defective, but the most common thing is as Terry mentioned, the refill tube not being positioned properly.

oranges13

Reaction score
You stated it filled rapidly, but that it drained slowly.

Does it swirl and flush normally and then cease to refill properly?
In my experience, a clogged or slow moving toilet will fill, fail to flush well and then slowly empty - usually ending with lower than expected water level in the bowl.

Check what everyone else has suggested but I'd attempt a good plunge or two as well.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks