Is PB pipe really as bad as most people think?

Users who are viewing this thread

jagans

Reaction score
Hi All,

I bought my current house (A Ranch) about three years ago. It had PB piping in it and knowing that PB pipe was considered as bad news, I asked for a reduction on the price of the house with the intent of replacing the pipe myself as I am a pretty handy guy and a good plumber. I am on a well. All of the runs from a Vanguard Manablock are home runs with the exception of three. I replaced the splices, which did show signs of corrosion and very slow leaking with watts shark bite type fittings. I have made quite a few upgrades to the house, where I have changed the plumbing to most fixtures with CPVC, and watts adapters to the PB piping in the basement. I have seen no deterioration of the PB piping anywhere, and it seems to be in good condition. I kind of like the home run aspect of the system. Am I kidding myself in thinking that all of the problems with PB piping systems were related to the fittings, and should I just go ahead and replace all of the PB? It seems like a shame to tear out perfectly good piping.

Thanks, Jim Agans

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks