(206) 949-5683, Top Rated Plumber, Seattle
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Americans, global warming, 100 degree heat, aging infrastructure

Senior Robin Hood Guy Ian Gills's Avatar

Nope. I prefer to deal with tree branches where they sit. Cut them up and toss 'em in trash bags so they're off to the landfill.

The only time there is any excuse to drive an F150 is to haul drywall and even then there are a few tricks you can use to get drywall into a smaller vehicle.

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Gills View Post
    Nope. I prefer to deal with tree branches where they sit. Cut them up and toss 'em in trash bags so they're off to the landfill.

The only time there is any excuse to drive an F150 is to haul drywall and even then there are a few tricks you can use to get drywall into a smaller vehicle.
    yes you can cut the drywall into several small pieces or do what this guy did: http://www.thisisjuststupid.com/stup...lmost-made-it/ . a pickup truck does the job no problemo. The F150 is an American icon
    I am definitely not a pro plumber, but I am a pro crastinator

Compost Ian. My husband and I built 2 of them. One was using the inside of the washer machine, putting a crank handle on it, putting it on a somewhat of a frame and it worked decent. The other is still standing, not well, but still usable, it is an older wooden one, using for the top, an old picnic table top. I make great dirt from grass clipping, smallish tree branches, fabric strips, food which won't draw rodents; here is a good site. I would like to see a tax deduction for those who buy the bins, etc.

http://www.epa.gov/osw/conserve/mate...d/fd-house.htm

Cookie, how can you suggest composting Ian? he is still alive. In Europe, when I was there, I was told that bodies are only allowed to be buried for like 25 years or so, then they are dug up and the bones are placed in a bonehouse. How civilized and neat is that? That was in Switzerland, but they told me it is done in many countries in Europe.

I can dream can't I? LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by BobL43 View Post
    Cookie, how can you suggest composting Ian? he is still alive. In Europe, when I was there, I was told that bodies are only allowed to be buried for like 25 years or so, then they are dug up and the bones are placed in a bonehouse. How civilized and neat is that? That was in Switzerland, but they told me it is done in many countries in Europe.

Will have to start on a bigger composter machine... but, maybe, bigger tax deduction.

I meant... for Ian to compost. I was speaking the King's English that is why it read like that.

So, you are saying, Bob, they reuse the graves? Oh, how disgusting is that, a bone house? what are watching on tv? I will have to ask Ian, if this is true before he gets composted.

No matter what my boss says, I will refuse to sell, list, or appraise a bonehouse. Especially, if Ian is still composting in it.

Quote Originally Posted by BobL43 View Post
    Last edited by Cookie; 08-29-2011 at 07:26 PM.

...and, I would recognize that shirt anywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Cookie View Post
    So, you are saying, Bob, they reuse the graves? Oh, how disgusting is that, a bone house? what are watching on tv? I will have to ask Ian, if this is true before he gets composted.

No matter what my boss says, I will refuse to sell, list, or appraise a bonehouse. Especially, if Ian is still composting in it.
    Yes, the told me they reuse the graves because of the limited land left. Looked like loads of countryside to me when I was there. I don't think the very rich or famous there get dug up, but I'm not sure.

...and, I would recognize that shirt anywhere.
    Methinks you would

Oh, I looked it up and its even CREEPIER YET! They use the bones to build/decorate the bone houses. http://www.cultureledger.com/creepy-bone-houses-europe/

I don't know what to say, lol. This is a first.

Okay, ... this is legal?
    I mean, it is like morally unethical and ghoulish.
    Very Halloween like... lol.

I don't have any idea! Let's see what Ian an Ballvalve may be able to add to this. I'm off work today and tomorrow, but I will ask my friends in Switzerland if is still practiced. On one of my visits there in the mid 90's or so, one of my friends there told me about it and his tone of voice led me to believe it is still done in Switzerland at least.