1950s Crane Tub/Shower Problem

Users who are viewing this thread

deesworld

Reaction score
When using the shower, just as much water comes out of the tub spout as the shower head. The hot and cold knobs also need some attention because when you open the faucet more less water comes out (its a science to get the correct temp) Should I start with the tub spout since that's where you turn on the shower head? Is this where I will find the "diverter" you all are talking about in other posts? Been waiting for my husband "to get around to it" but he doesn't use this shower so I may be waiting a looong time (we've been here for 15 years already).

LLigetfa

DIYer, not in the trades
Reaction score
Been waiting for my husband "to get around to it" but he doesn't use this shower...
Maybe you need to invite him to use it.

If the tub spout has a pull up diverter built into it then yes, that would be a good place to start. If the diverter comes out from the wall, then leave the spout alone.

As for the more is less faucets, do you have a brand and model or can you post a pic?

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
If the diverter to activate the shower is on the tub spout, the best one generally available is one of these http://www.deltafaucet.com/search/results.html?q=pull-down+diverter+tub+spout . As you can see, they come in numerous finishes and styles. I installed one at my mother's and it works fine. The only thing is that when you shut the water off, the spring that retracts the pull-down is moderately strong, and it clunks. After the first time, you'll ignore it.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks