Shower Faucet Valve

Users who are viewing this thread

sec1jrs

Reaction score
My shower is no longer giving cold water. I have read previous forum thread on how to check for debris and/or replace the cartridge. I'm a little stuck on how to proceed with to remove the cartridge. Below is a picture of my valve. What kind of valve is this? Do I remove the 4 screws to get to the cartridge? Thanks in advance for your help. IMG_04591.jpg

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
IT is a Price Pfister pressure balanced valve. Does ANY water flow from the cold position? You remove the four screws and then pull it off, but remember HOW it was oriented or you will reinstall it wrong.

sec1jrs

Reaction score
Thanks HJ for the quick response. There is NO water flow from the cold position. I say this because, once I turn on the shower it automatically starts getting warm then hot. So in order for me to remove anything at this point, I need to remove the four screws. Got it. Yes, I have read in other threads to make sure the H/C (cartridge) are put back in the same way or else it will be wrong. Thanks for the reminder. So once I take off the four screws, I should be able to pull out the cartridge and check for debris? Thanks again.

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Make sure you've turned the water to the house off first! But, yes, it should pull out after removing the screws. You may want to have some silicon plumber's grease to put on the rubber parts - it will make it easier to reinstall and to turn after installation. It comes in small tubs in most any plumbing supply or big box store for a few dollars.

sec1jrs

Reaction score
Resolved!!!!

I just want to thank this forum, hj, and jadnashua. I called Price Pfister and they sent me a replacement cartridge. I received the item last night and replaced it. Cold shower is working again. Thanks!

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks