Reliable Kitchen Sink Garbage Disposal ??

Users who are viewing this thread

florida_wen

Reaction score
:confused: I have been searching the many forums here and I am trying to get opinions and suggestions to help me purchase a very RELIABLE, long lasting and hopefully "trouble free", kitchen sink GARBAGE DISPOSAL. Our 16 year old Sinkmaster just "died". We have had Insinkerator in two other homes and they worked well. One was the Badger 5 (sort of cheap and plastic) and the last home we recently moved from had a "better quality" model (I think the 555ss). We have public water and sewers here, as we did in the other two homes. I want to end my Wife's misery (and stop her moanin' :mad: ) and treat her to "THE BEST" !!!! Please help .........

Last edited:

Jeffreyhel

Reaction score
The best garbage disposal is the Garbage Can. With that said, I install ISE for my customers that have to have them.

florida_wen

Reaction score
Yes, that is true, and for 99% of our food by-products we use "the garbage can", but my Wife likes to use the kitchen sink disposer to quickly get rid of the real "stinky" stuff like inedible parts of fish, or just small pieces of fat she trims off chicken, etc. She probably uses the disposer at most, once every other day, and not excessively. It's just nice to have one that really works, as we did in the past couple of houses. Like I said, our 16 year old SinkMaster 850 is just plain worn out. I am leaning toward the ISE 555ss. I see them on internet auctions, brand new in box, for around $75 - $100

Snowman

Reaction score
Website
blizphotos.wordpress.com
OK how about this?

We have had a Craftsman 1/2 Hp. for 18 years now... finally just died. Bought the In Sink Erator 80s 3/4 Hp. as a replacement. The mounting ring looks the same and it looked like the new Erator would fit the old ring. I still used the new ring and sink flange because it was so nice and new and shiney :) .
Anyway, does anyone know if the Craftsman units are made by In Sink Erator?? Or does some bigger company make both of those models?? Just curious.
Thanks, Tom

Plumber1

Plumber
Reaction score
disposals

The last time I checked Sears did use a disposal made by In-Sink-Erator, but to Sears specifications.

Like Terry, I too would buy a Model # 77

Snowman

Reaction score
Website
blizphotos.wordpress.com
plumber1 said:
The last time I checked Sears did use a disposal made by In-Sink-Erator, but to Sears specifications.

Like Terry, I too would buy a Model # 77

I agree. I checked the details and features of the 80s vs. the 777ss and I can see that you are 100% correct as usual! Now don't go and get the BIG head!! :p

A

alhurley

Waste-King SS8000. 1-hp monster with better warranty than ISE 77 (lifetime in-home). Had the 3/4 hp model in last house and it handled everything we threw at it. Just bought new SS8000 on line for $140; should be here any day.

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
ISE is a division of Emerson Electric. Sears of course doesn't actually make anything. Emerson/ISE makes disposers under many different labels.

A

alhurley

jimbo said:
.... Sears of course doesn't actually make anything. ...
worse, they'll switch vendors periodically, and different people make different tools or appliances at different times. Whirlpool this year, GE next, and so on. Even Craftsamn tools. About the only advantage to the 'Sears' label is that you can almost always buy parts and service.

SRdenny

Plumbing Contractor
Reaction score
"or just small pieces of fat she trims off chicken"

Fat (in any form) gives your waste lines arterial sclerosis, just like your arteries.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks