rough in photos

Users who are viewing this thread

demetre

Reaction score
Few roughing pics from a renovation –

Someone told me the T at the drain for the laundry waste should be a 45 fitting. Is this correct?

Was also told that the roughing from the above floor fixtures in the other pic should not be close elbows but longer sweeps – any input?

Last – there is a pic of a vent at a vanity. A portion of the vent line at the vanity is under 42†height. Is this a problem in terms of how well it will function?

Attachments

• IMG_0883.jpg
    IMG_0883.jpg
    71.6 KB · Views: 793
  • IMG_0892.jpg
    IMG_0892.jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 679
  • IMG_0893.jpg
    IMG_0893.jpg
    76.8 KB · Views: 593

Tom Sawyer

In the Trades
Reaction score
The tee is fine. What is not fine is the vent. That horizontal bit can't do that until you are 6" above the flood level rim of the fixture.

Nukeman

Nuclear Engineer
Reaction score
Gary: That is all cast iron (not ABS)

OP: The lettering on your pipe is upside-down. Tear it out and replace. :p

Ballvalve

General Engineering Contractor
Reaction score
Thats a 20,000$ job you could have done for $3000 in plastic. Best regards to the Mafia!

Tony and his buds just made 2 or 3 grand in union dues. I sure hope thats a hospital and not a house.

Proof positive of why people live in mobile homes or sleep under NYC bridges.

Last edited:

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Someone told me the T at the drain for the laundry waste should be a 45 fitting. Is this correct?

The laundry drain is correct with the santee in that position.

The vent is a little low, but I think you will be fine.
Normally you would have run it over to the side and armed over, allowing the revent to be at the correct height.
Has the job been permitted and inspected? That would enforce the correction of any errors.

Ballvalve, in some buildings we use cast iron. What ever the local code is; we do.

Last edited:

Ballvalve

General Engineering Contractor
Reaction score
I hope so, because they would likely charge him to change it. The inspector hits the bars with the guys after work, most likely.

So at least it will be quiet and its keeping a foundry running in the USA.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
We don't have friendly inspectors like that here in the Seattle area. If they look at something, and they don't like it, it's up to the plumber to change it to meet the inspection.

If I had done the plumbing, the re-vent would have been at the correct height from the very beginning while the idea was still in my head.
And the bends would have been correct.
It's hard for me to see from the picture exactly what the bends are there, so I would prefer that some on site to see them.

becu_800.jpg

I plumbed this building and parking garage in cast iron pipe; everything inspected and passed off without any changes needed. It was perfect. At least that's what everyone else said about my work.

We had plenty of roof drains and deck drains too. You will notice on the left of the building how it steps to the right was it went up, those are all decks.

Boeing Employee's Credit Union

The parking garage is out of the photo on the right.

Last edited:

Ramon Leigh

Reaction score
MC cable normally required if steel studs. I lived in a highrise condo that was in a commercial build zone - steel
studs and MC required thruout. I cannot imagine any residence nowadays using either copper or cast iron.

Tom Sawyer

In the Trades
Reaction score
We still do a bit of residential in CI for noise reasons.....rich folks usually

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks