Could an experienced Pump Man venture a guess as to the max. head on this ???

Users who are viewing this thread

TheycallMeDave

Reaction score
http://www.lightobject.com/Heavy-du...r-Oil-Gasoline-pump-w-speed-control-P544.aspx

Ive tried to find out the max. head thru the Distributor but they dont know and cant find out . Based on the specs and type of pump it is, is it possible to make an educated guess as to the max. head this pump will handle ? I want to use it in my Solar domestic Hot Water project which has a vertical lift from the Collector to the Storage Tank of 8' total. Thanks.

TheycallMeDave

Reaction score
3.8 amps and 475 gph; Off the top of my head I would guess 20'. Typical to tell you everything else except what you really need to know about a pump.

Ok, I appreciate your educated guess. I would have thought a bit less than that but its difficult to tell for sure without a flow chart of course. Guess ill buy it and try it out...cant beat the price of $79 and ill send it back if it doesnt pump good for me.

Ballvalve

General Engineering Contractor
Reaction score
Close the outlet of the pump momentarily and read the pressure gauge on the outlet. then let it flow about 1/2 of a gpm and tht should be your max head pressure. 1 psi per
2.3 foot of head.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks