Drier Vent Question:

Users who are viewing this thread

oldberkeley

Reaction score
I feel a bit silly asking about this, but don't know where else to turn!

We have a 1958 ranch house, bought it from the original owners who also designed it. Most things are fine except the basement has the finished family room in the back part and the utility area in the front (I would have thought that the reverse would be better, but...).

Anyway, there is no place to vent the drier! They had been venting it into an "indoor vent" (basically looks like a white plastic 5 gallon bucket), and we've been doing the same, but I hate it. I'm planning on buying a new washer & drier and I'd like the drier to vent properly, to the outside.

1. There's a small window well covered by a metal grate on the front concrete porch. I could put a vent in one corner of the window, vent it there, but doesn't seem right.

2. I could go 15' over to either side. It would still be in the front on the house, but at least not on the porch.

3. Any other possibilities?

TIA.

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Once you've decided on a new dryer model, download the manual to review how far and how many elbows it allows. that will give you an idea of where you can safely run the vent.

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
The shorter the run the better. The fewer bends the better, especially 90s. Avoid flex hoses.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks