Hose Spigot Extender

Users who are viewing this thread

Kiko

Reaction score
I recently bought a hose spigot extender for my elderly mother, so she wouldn't have to reach down in the bushes to turn on the water. Unfortunately, I cannot find a 10' leader hose to connect this to the original spigot that is made to stay pressurized 24/7. ALL the hoses say to release pressure when not in use. Why do they even make this thing if they are not going to make a suitable leader hose for it?

I thought about using a washing machine hose, but then realized that they have two female ends and an id of 3/8".

Is it possible to add male and female garden hose fittings on to a 10' length of pex? Perhaps Quest or Sharkbite?

39-712.jpg

LLigetfa

DIYer, not in the trades
Reaction score
I cannot find a 10' leader hose to connect this to the original spigot that is made to stay pressurized 24/7. ALL the hoses say to release pressure when not in use.
Just use a good quality hose and retain a good lawyer. I doubt the garden hose police will kick your front door in. What is the static pressure?

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
A "male hose by male hose" adapter will convert one end to fit the extender. "Normal" braided washer hoses have a small i.d. Rubber washer hoses, and more expensive braided ones are larger.

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks