Pressure switch will not turn on

Users who are viewing this thread

walkingscar

Reaction score
Gentlemen:

I cured part of my problem by resoldering the start cap back in the circuit board. The problem now is the pressure switch will not cycle. I can manually activate the switch and the relay in the control box turns on and the tank begins to fill. I can turn the water on and run the pressure in the tank down to 6 psi and the pressure switch will not turn on. Their is ac getting to the switch since the start relay works. I have replaced the pressure switch. I'm guessing, could the small pipe that the switch is connected to be clogged or maybe a clog somewhere else. I'm pretty much running out of places to look. I really need some help. I have 23 dogs and about 40 cats that depend on me for water and food. Any help would be appreciated.

Walkingscar

LLigetfa

DIYer, not in the trades
Reaction score
Yes, the pipe can plug up with minerals. Disconnect the pipe from the switch and see if water comes out.

LLigetfa

DIYer, not in the trades
Reaction score
It is possible there was sand in the pipe and that sand migrated to the diaphragm on the switch. If you disconnect the pipe from the switch and the switch doesn't close, look for sand under the diaphragm. If the switch has a low pressure cutoff, it may be maladjusted and tripping the cutoff.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks