How do I remove this section of pipe?

Users who are viewing this thread

Chris Hunt

Reaction score
I have the nut removed, but it won't budge. What am I doing wrong? Thanks in advance!

P1040504.JPG

Reaction score
Website
www.obamatheplumber.com
It's toast buddy.
Just reef on that sucker. You might even have to take a flat blade to it and pry the mother out.
When you replace the p-trap, get a new slip joint nut and washer to thread and seal to the galv nipple.
You can even replace the nipple if you need to.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
You aren't doing anything "wrong". The inside of the pipe is rusted so the tubing is "trapped". You have to take a screwdriver or chisel and pry between the pipe and the tubing to "collapse" it. Then you can remove the tubing, but do not expect to have an easy time inserting a new piece, unless you ream the rust out of the pipe.

Side note; Obama, hopefully, in a year or so you will have competition for that name and icon.

JohnjH2o1

Plumbing Contractor for 49 years
Reaction score
You aren't doing anything "wrong". The inside of the pipe is rusted so the tubing is "trapped". You have to take a screwdriver or chisel and pry between the pipe and the tubing to "collapse" it. Then you can remove the tubing, but do not expect to have an easy time inserting a new piece, unless you ream the rust out of the pipe.

Side note; Obama, hopefully, in a year or so you will have competition for that name and icon.

I think most of us would like to see that name removed from the Whitehouse. Then we may be able to get back on the right track.

John

DonL

Jack of all trades Master of one
Reaction score
I think most of us would like to see that name removed from the Whitehouse. Then we may be able to get back on the right track.

John

I agree, Then he can become a Plumber, something that maybe he would be better at...

I have the nut removed, but it won't budge. What am I doing wrong? Thanks in advance!

Chris You are not holding your mouth just right. Putting a little CLR on it may help break it loose.

DonL

Last edited:

JohnjH2o1

Plumbing Contractor for 49 years
Reaction score
I agree, Then he can become a Plumber, something that maybe he would be better at...

I think that is a insult to the trade. Maybe he can become shovel ready. (sorry labors didn't mean that as a insult to you) I better get off this subject as my blood pressure is rising.

John

DonL

Jack of all trades Master of one
Reaction score
I am sorry John, Chris and the group. (And Terry)

This should be on Ian's Corner. He must be rubbing off.

If I was talking out my ass, I apologize to all. But you are correct John, Sorry for the insult.

Have a Great Day all.

DonL

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks