Is Toto Colonial White similar to American Standard White?

Users who are viewing this thread

MikeLane

Reaction score
I have a white American Standard Ravenna Pedestal Sink and would like to purchase the Toto UltraMax but I'm not sure which Toto color is most similar to the A/S white.

Someone mentioned that Toto Colonial White is most similar but just wanted to run it by the SMEs (Subject Matter Experts) in these forums first. Which Toto color is most similar or exactly the same?

Any assistance is greatly appreciated,
Michael

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Toto has two whites, according to them, color 01 (cotton) is more compatible with Briggs, Gerber, Kohler and older American Standard white. The more recent American Standard white is closer to TOTO color 11 (colonial white). The only way you'll get a perfect match is with the same brand, but for most people, these look the same. If you have a Toto dealer around, they usually have sample pieces that you can put up against others to compare to see for yourself.

cotboll.jpg

Cotton White

Last edited by a moderator:

florida_wen

Reaction score
Toto color samples arrived quickly....

I too was concerned if Toto colors would match the existing ceramic tile, tub & fixtures I presently have so I telephoned Toto and spoke with a very nice Customer Rep. who immediately (she was actually addressing the mailer bag as we were talking) sent out six "sample tiles". They arrived quickly in a few days. They are about 2" x 2" and about 3/8" thick. I am going to purchase TWO new Toto toilets very soon and these samples are invaluable to me in my decision. The samples are also great when you (or your Wife, like in MY case) are trying to "match" bathroom "items", such as towels, soap dishes, etc. She brings the sample in her pocketbook (bigger than a "saddlebag" :rolleyes: ) when she goes shopping !!

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks