Any problem draining into this main?

Users who are viewing this thread

ftrivette

Reaction score
First, thanks for creating and maintaining this very helpful forum. I've been reading it for about a week and I'm impressed with the knowledge everyone here has, and of course you willingness to assist those of us that are simply "dangerous"! lol In any event, I thought I would post my sink drain plan here to ensure I do it correctly to the extent possible. In the attached picture, you can see a drain from a new sink coming through the cinderblock wall to the left of the 4" main soil pipe. I plan to bring it on through, trap it and vent it. There is an existing vent directly above that serves a washing machine just above. A diagram of my proposed new piping is attached too. If anyone sees any reason this would be problematic please chime in. Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• newdrain.jpg
    newdrain.jpg
    19.9 KB · Views: 540
  • 101_0351.jpg
    101_0351.jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 391
Last edited by a moderator:

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
As long as that upper tee is located at least 6" above the top of the washer standpipe, (the 42" requirement will probably be too low in this case, which is why they give both requirements), it will work.

ftrivette

Reaction score
that's the challenge here...

thanks for the replies gentlemen! I thought that would be the case. It is also the challenge... getting up that high in an existing wall, so I will have to find a way to get to the attic just above the washer somehow. Anybody want to lend me a 4' long 2" holesaw? lol
Thanks again!

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks