Help me identify this shower knob please

Users who are viewing this thread

tarheelgirl

Reaction score
showerfaucethelp.jpg

I don't know anything about this faucet, so I'm hoping someone can help. The faucet turns on by pushing down on it and turns off by pushing up. The house was built in the early 1990's. I need to replace the acrylic knob. Thanks.

tarheelgirl

Reaction score
Picture with knob removed

I hope this helps. I've looked at Home Depot and Lowes and couldn't find any knobs that looked like this one.

Attachments

• faucetknobremoved.jpg
    faucetknobremoved.jpg
    28.7 KB · Views: 526

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
Welll, the good news is you came to the right place...the fountain of all-knowing gurus! Further good news is that we WILL figure it out. But at this time, I don't have the answer! I am only 67, and came to plumbing relatively late in life. We have a few guys on here who will nail that down.

The innards resemble Delta/Peerless or Valley. But the escutcheon screw holes above the stem are not right, at least not for the ones I can put my finger on. I am thinking the handle and/or the escutcheon may be replacements, hence no name. Based on the stem, I think certain Valley or Delta 600 handles might work.

Stay tuned, and if you wouldn't mind, take one more picture with the chrome plate removed. Some one will nail this down for you!

JohnjH2o1

Plumbing Contractor for 49 years
Reaction score
Looks like a Valley to me. There not made any more but Danco still makes some after market parts for them.

John

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks