Aqualine Shower Knob Replacement

Users who are viewing this thread

paul_d

Reaction score
Single handle Aqualine Shower Handle. The one we have (which is broken) is plastic with a metal collar w/set screw. Looks like the shaft it fits on is 3/16 w/flat spot for set screw. Plastic under collar is broken.

Where do I find, manufacturer or replacement handle.

Many Thanks
Paul_d

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
Aqualine, and Sears, were brand names for the Valley product line. All are now defunt, and parts are getting a little harder to find, but go to any good plumbing store ( probably NOT the local box store ) and look for Valley handles.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
A Delta single handle shower lever will work as a last resort, but the set screw will either be on the opposite side from the flat or the handle will be upside down.

paul_d

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies, I will check out the Valley Products, and the Delta single handle
Many Thanks
Paul_D

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
If your old handle was a round knob, a lever handle will seem to work backwards unless you understand that the "top" of the handle will point to the "temperature" range, not the lever itself. i.e., with a Delta handle you swing it to the counterclockwise for cold water, but a round handle rotates clockwise for cold.