Casey 2

Users who are viewing this thread

Redwood

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Well I like humor as much as anybody else...

Originality in humor is the key to success in comedy though....
When was the last time you heard Cheech & Chong do "Sister Mary Elephant"?
I think that it gets a little boring when someone pops the same old joke out too many times....

Offensive Humor can be fun too, in the right time and place...
Memorial Day, Veterans Day posts belittling the accomplishments of our war veterans go beyond tacky....

Likewise the post about it taking so many Navy Seals to get Osama Bin Laden scored high on the Tacky Factor...
It was a great accomplishment long overdue the single man has caused tremendous suffering here in this country well beyond the thousands that were killed on 9/11....
Our nations economic distress is largely caused by the expense of the "War on Terrorism."
Many people are out of work because of this....
My grandchildren's children will probably be paying off the war debt still.....

Maybe Ian should take his comedy routine and do a little roadshow bringing it to all the VFW and American Legion posts....
Might want to wear body armor and a full face helmet though....

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
On the plumbing side, plumbers will say they use Moen, or Delta, or Price Pfisther and nobody gets mad about it.

Three different brands and we're all happy.

Try to talk health care, and we had three opinions. Nobody is happy. I don't get it.
I think even more opinions would make more sense. Healthcare takes different forms all over the world.

When I go in for surgery, the University of Washington, my doctors and caretakers will be from all over the world. A truly international team to help people like me.

Now Cookie would like all of the foreign born doctors and nurses to leave and go back to where they came from. I'm glad they chose to work here in the USA. I say, let them stay and get me fixed.

Last edited:

DonL

Jack of all trades Master of one
Reaction score
It's a freedom of speech issue Don (the First Amendment).

I am always careful not to make anything personal, though.

And avoid anything hate-related.

Rarely speak of anything that isn't currently being debated in the media. Or historical.

But your health system sucks for the poorest in society. And the rich don't pay enough taxes. Both of those are about as health and wellness related as you might get. 4th July was great for you but what about those of us that lost the war? Look what happened to our tea.

If you think that's enough to have me deported, then by all means In God You Trust but you would be far from being free.

I am sorry Ian, I guess I doubled with you.

I think your subject got on the wrong Forum,

Did the boats quit running for your trip back ?

Take a trip to Mexico.

They can take care of you...

DonL

Reaction score
On the plumbing side, plumbers will say they use Moen, or Delta, or Price Pfisther and nobody gets mad about it.

Three different brands and we're all happy.

Try to talk health care, and we had three opinions. Nobody is happy. I don't get it.
I think even more opinion would make more sense. Healthcare takes different forms all over the world.

When I go in for surgery, the University of Washington, my doctors and caretakers will be from all over the world. A truly international team to help people like me.

Now Cookie would like all of the foreign born doctors and nurses to leave and go back to where they came from. I'm glad they chose to work here in the USA. I say, let them stay and get me fixed.

I do like the way your Forums are open Terry.

Your site is one of the best.

We need to help keep it that way....

Having a BS category would make more people happy..

DonL

Ian Gills

Senior Robin Hood Guy
Reaction score
OK OK, but let's let bygones be bygones.

We can start by raising the debt ceiling.

I don't care if my grandchildren have to pay for it.

One thing I do like about America is people smack you down, and then reward you with your own part of the forum for doing it!

That explains Reagan. I understand now.

If I keep going like this it will be Ian Love before you know it, and that baseball team will be mine.

Thanks Don. Thanks Red. Thanks Cookie....wherever you are.

PS This isn't gonna last is it?

Last edited:

DonL

Reaction score
OK OK, but let's let bygones be bygones.

We can start by raising the debt ceiling.

I don't care if my grandchildren have to pay for it.

One thing I do like about America is people smack you down, and then reward you with your own part of the forum for doing it!

That explains Reagan. I understand now.

If I keep going like this it will be Ian Love before you know it, and that baseball team will be mine.

Thanks Don. Thanks Red. Thanks Cookie....wherever you are.

PS This isn't gonna last is it?

Ian, You can not UN F something once you F it.

That is like making a pregnant women un-pregnant.

I do care what my children and Grand children have to deal with.

What planet are you from ?

I have heard that some people come from Mars.

Are you one, or just an imposter ?

DonL

Tom Sawyer

In the Trades
Reaction score
Tom,

But to live in the USA, then you need to respect our people.

It is not right to live here and talk about our people.

Get You ass back to Mommy, If you do not like it in the USA, You have have the Freedom to get your ass home...

I would suggest going home, If anyone thinks that it is so bad here in the USA.

I do not care where you are from.

There are good people from all over the World.

We all need to all get along, and not bash our fellow Neighbors.

Like Terry, my ancestors arrived at Plymouth Rock back in the early 1600's so I guess that by now America is probably my home though my clan hails from Ireland. Again, your guys totally fail to understand the British sense of humor. Perhaps a trip to London and a couple weeks away from the ranch would open your eyes. What Ian is doing is nothing more than good natured ribbing which your thick skin is preventing you from appreciating. As for the "respect" thing, why do foreigners need to respect us? Hell, other than the British and the Aussies, most of them hate us.

Ian Gills

Senior Robin Hood Guy
Reaction score
I'm doing great here Don, except for the fact that most of you cannot drive properly (you were never taught correctly and people here are either allowed to drive too old or too young) as well as a few other quibbles (big feet?).

My main chip is all the poor Americans I have to see suffering every day on my way to work or the supermarket.

With no health insurance. Inadequate public education. Few social safety nets.

My complaints are aimed at stimulating debate on how to make life better for them.

If I leave, or stay, their lives will not be any less miserable.

So the boat really does not make any difference. Although it might make my reminders on the uncomfortable truths about America a little bit less common for you and others to live with.

I don't buy those excuses that peoples' misfortunes can be put down to "God's will" or "not trying hard enough". That would all be a little bit too easy.

I like rising to the difficult challenges. We do that in England. It looks like you prefer the easy answers in America.

Last edited:

Ballvalve

General Engineering Contractor
Reaction score
Don,
I gave Ian a place to start threads.
Is this better?

I am a bit worried about this. I think it was safer without and kept his posts an interesting surprise to attack when found. He's not Larry King after all.

I think Ian just got his first gun.

It would be safer and fairer to title it "big feet forum" or the "America the English mystery" forum.

Last edited:

Ian Gills

Senior Robin Hood Guy
Reaction score
It was Don's and Redwood's idea Ballvalve.

Welcome to the party!

I think to think of this as a small part of England in America.

Last edited:

Ballvalve

Reaction score
Innocent until proven guilty.

You learnt that from us (together with free speech).

But clearly the best legal professionals, scientists, police etc. did not make it on the boat over.

The pilgrims were Godly people, and bless 'em they try so hard and work such long hours, but otherwise the best craftsmen stayed in England.

With the King.

And it shows.

You guys bring crazy cases to Court. In England, the police wait. But they get you.

Innocent like the guys sent to Australia for stealing a potato to feed his starving family?

Or cursing the queen and ending up tapping rubber in South America.

Sorry, but England learned fairness from America - just not how to make a jury.

Last edited:

Ian Gills

Senior Robin Hood Guy
Reaction score
You've already been transported. To here!

The only requirement is taxes to be sent to London.

Ballvalve

Reaction score
It was Don's and Redwood's idea Ballvalve.

Welcome to the party!

I think to think of this as a small part of England in America.

I think "what I don't understand about America" would be a much fairer and more attractive forum, and we could all hail to our ideas rather than the now honored and humourously confused Ian. With his first gun.

Pipehacker

Reaction score
You've already been transported. To here!

The only requirement is taxes to be sent to London.

Every day we should be greatful that Great Britain continues to exist. Because if it does not Prince Chuck may have to come here to find a job that he is qualified for and I do not want to be a passenger in his cab. His daughter-in-law, on the other hand, can visit here as often as she likes. She looks to me like she has some California blood in her. Are we sure that she is a Brit?

Ian Gills

Senior Robin Hood Guy
Reaction score
I understand this place well enough. I am just questioning your desires to keep things the way they have always been (post 1776 of course).

And, yes, she is British.

Her feet are small.

Ian Gills

Senior Robin Hood Guy
Reaction score
No, it's quite clear she's British. English women can't wear their husband's size 9's like here in America.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks