Pump or system power consumption?

Users who are viewing this thread

Glchaparral

Reaction score
I have an 11 yr old 600 ft submersible well/pump system. It has a grundfos cu301 controller and well head says "Monitor", but that's all I know about it. Seems to have worked flawlessly for the last 8 yrs. I recently noticed that my electric bills have been 30% higher than last year, and traced the consumption to the pump breaker. Close it, and the meter wheel spins fast, even when using no water. Open it, and the house power consumption goes to almost zero. Could something have "short circuited" on the water flow side, making the pump work full time?

Verification or any other ideas would be appreciated,

Gordon

DonL

Jack of all trades Master of one
Reaction score
Welcome to Terry's Forums glchaparral,

You may want to check to make sure that the pressure that you have set on your controller is not higher that the pump can deliver.

You could have a defective pressure sensor, Or bad Pump.

What is your controller pressure setting at, and what is the pressure that you are getting on the output of the tank ?

DonL

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks