Grundfos (or pump?) power usage

Users who are viewing this thread

Glchaparral

Reaction score
I have a 11 year old Grundfos system (controller is a CU301) on a 600 ft well - submersible pump. There isn't much shallow water in the Rockies!

It has worked flawlessly for the 8 yrs I've owned the place.

I recently noticed though, my electric bill is 30% higher than last year. I've played around with the breakers, and made many trips to the electric meter, and discovered the meter still spins like crazy with everything off but the well, even when using no water. Conversely, the whole house uses almost no power with the pump off.

My conclusion is that the well/pump system is pulling power even when I am not using water.

How can this be possible? BTW, I worked in the power industry for 30 yrs, so I kinda understand power usage, but I don't know what's in this well or control system.

Thanks for any ideas,

Gordon

DonL

Jack of all trades Master of one
Reaction score
Welcome to Terry's Forums Gordon,

You may want to check to make sure that the pressure that you have set on your controller is not higher that the pump can deliver.

You could have a defective pressure sensor, or controller.

What is your controller pressure setting at, and what is the pressure that you are getting on the output of the tank ?

DonL

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks