Waltec / Flotrol diverter problem

Users who are viewing this thread

Microfiche

Reaction score
I am trying to keep my old shower diverter working until I can redo the whole shower with a new surround and anti-scald valve, so I picked up a replacement cartridge.
The old one was almost impossible to move in and out and did not seal well. I installed the new one, and it worked OK, although a little stiff. After a few weeks, I pretty much had to turn the water off and bang it hard with my fist to divert water back to the tub spout. I picked up a new one again, pulled the old one out and tried to clean the valve out with some Scotchpad and 400 grit wet sandpaper, thinking perhaps there was some buildup there. Greased it up and put in the new diverter, but it is still tight and hard to operate. Anyone have any ideas? Waltec Diverter Assembly For Flotrol Concealed Tub & Showers (1970-73) O.E.M. T25168

PartImage15716245755165051725237.JPG

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks