deep well jet pump, no pressure after rebuild

Users who are viewing this thread

Tcon

Reaction score
Hi, I rebuilt the impeller assembly as the old lexan impeller cracked and slid into the impeller housing.

After rebuild, reassembly, installation, and priming, can only build about 7lbs pressure, and that is after running 30 min.

The pump is a myers hj75d 3/4 hp dual pipe deep well jet pump, on a 80 ft well.

I've cut the supply to the house to rule out a leak, and see that it is pumping a small amount as the garden hose outlet which is about four feet above the tank gives me about 3gallons of water before pressure drops too low to lift any more.

DonL

Jack of all trades Master of one
Reaction score
Welcome to Terry's Forums Tcon,

It sounds like you may have a problem with your jet assembly.

If you are getting water but the pressure is low, then your jet may be clogged.

Good luck on your project.

DonL

DonL

Jack of all trades Master of one
Reaction score
Tcon,

You may also want to check your Pressure Regulator setting. Adjusting it will set the jet pressure on that model pump.

Enjoy your holiday.

DonL

Last edited:

Masterpumpman

In the Trades
Reaction score
Website
www.dci-inc.us
The nozzle in the jet assembly is plugged with debri. Remove the jet assembly from the well and remove the venturi, then with a 3/4" deep socket and extention unscrew the nozzle and you will see that it's plugged or partially plugged. clean everything and re-install everything being careful not to let debri get into the system. Now it should build pressure! Jet Pumps don't build pressure, the jet assembly does!

Tcon

Reaction score
Ok, I have it working now.

I pulled the Jet Assembly, and although a little randy looking, did not appear to be plugged. I did disassemble it, and cleaned it up while I had it out. After testing, the system still failed to build pressure.

The next day, I pulled the pressure regulator, and found the area behind the "diaphragm", where the spring is located to be corroded and jammed up. After cleaning that up, and reassembling the unit, the well began working fine.

Thanks for all the tips!

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks