Good quality 3 handle tub/shower valve

Users who are viewing this thread

Ian Gills

Senior Robin Hood Guy
Reaction score
I want a good quality 3 handle tub/shower valve to keep as a souvenir piece.

Who makes one?

Chicago faucets only make a 2 handle valve now.

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
They are no longer code compliant for use in a tub/shower, so unless you can find old stock, you may not find one. It's legal to repair an old one, but not to install a new one.

Plumber2011

Expert Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.norwoodplumbing.com
Hi Ian,

In my opinion, the best classic 3 handle is going to be the GERBER 3 handle valve...check it out @ http://www.google.com/products/cata...=X&ei=5CYFTv3uLseCgAev6_DmDQ&ved=0CFgQ8wIwAA#

OR

http://www.americanhomeplus.com/Bat...oogleBase&utm_medium=CSE&utm_campaign=0048031

http://www.gerberonline.com/downloads/specs/tubandshower/48-030-SS.pdf

American standard also makes a few...still available at home depot even though they are not code compliant...check it out @

as_hampton_3_handle.jpg

Hope that helps...

Attachments

• unnamed.jpg
    unnamed.jpg
    4.6 KB · Views: 608
Last edited:

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
They are no longer code compliant for use in a tub/shower, so unless you can find old stock, you may not find one. It's legal to repair an old one, but not to install a new one.
It is still legal to "repair" any shower, and that could include replacing the valve body. It would be up to the local building department to determine at what point a "repair" becomes a "remodel" requiring update to current codes.

Gerber, PP, and Sayco all still make 2 and 3 handle shower sets,

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
CaliforniaBrass(.com), shows THIRTY different ones, all much more "classy" than the pedestrian ones made by Gerber, PP, Sayco, or the other more common brands. They are also much pricier than those brands.

Ian Gills

Senior Robin Hood Guy
Reaction score
Thank you for all the useful pointers.

And, in response to a few, this has nothing to do with code. As per my OP, the faucet will not be installed.

It will just be kept as a souvenir.

I wish I could find a real top quality one like by Chicago Faucets though.

Last edited:

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
quote; I wish I could find a real top quality one like by Chicago Faucets though.

That would be an interesting find, because Chicago NEVER made a 3 handle diverter, but their diverter spout, which had a 1" ips thread, weighed as much as some complete faucets.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks