Quieter shower valve & head?

Users who are viewing this thread

pagebri

Reaction score
Can anyone recommend a shower valve and/or valve & head combination which is much quieter than most? I have a Moen pressure balancing valve, and a off-brand "motion massage" head. This combination is too loud - it results in unbearable levels of high-frequency noise when the valve is anywhere in it's range but full cold or full hot. I'm guessing that the mixing valve introduces too much turbulence and/or cavitation. I'm hoping to find a better designed valve and install it without the need to re-tile.

Jeffreyhel

Reaction score
without retiling I would suggest Delta Monitor and check the water restrictor and screen of the shower head for debris and or restriction.

If you want to retile I like Grohe valves.

pagebri

Reaction score
Problem fixed

Removing the flow restrictor eliminated 80% of the noise. The designers could have done a lot better than a washer with a square-shouldered hole which seems to act like a whistle.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks