Toto wall hung Aquia - questions

Users who are viewing this thread

Francisco

Reaction score
Hi guys
I am interested in using the wall hung Aquia in a remodel. I saw an old thread with a response saying that in an older house it would involve 'extensive remodelling' - i would like to know if anyone has actually installed one of these toilets in an existing home, and whether the additional work needed is considered major. I understand that reinforcement is required, but i'm not clear what is required. I like to be an informed customer.

My GC is also concerned about the water in the tank freezing if it is placed on an outside wall. Does anyone know if this is a potential issue? If so, wouldn't Toto have to give guidance on that? Or is it down to GC's or plumber knowledge and opinions?

Thanks for any help offered

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
The Toto Aquia bowl uses either the Toto or the Gerberit wall system.
Each bowl would need it's own wall system to hang the bowl on.
The back wall will need to be exposed and the tank system with support installed between the framing.

http://www.chicagofaucet.com/pdf/Tessera Instructions.pdf

wt151m_zoom.jpg

Last edited:

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
If installed on an exterior wall, there'd be no room for insulation, and yes, it would likely freeze. Not sure on the depth required in the wall...it's easier if you have 2x6 wall construction, but you'd have to read the manual to see what the minimum is and any other considerations.

zoomer

Reaction score
I have not seen any reviews of the Toto Aquia wall mount toilet. I am very interested in installing one, but I want to make sure it is a good product and will not
have issues and need to open up the wall to fix. Does any have experience with this?

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Generally, you don't want to run water pipes in exterior walls in a cold climate. If you do, you want to run them as close to the interior wall as possible so that can obtain some heat from there. Insulation only slows the movement of heat - it does not produce any. A wall-hung toilet assembly fills up nearly the full depth of the wall so there'd be no room for insulation and it would essentially be butted up against the outside interior wall. I wouldn't want one installed that way. I think you'd risk it actually freezing, maybe not the tank, but the supply line. Anyway, it could work, but it wouldn't be my first choice.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks