(206) 949-5683, Top Rated Plumber, Seattle

Thread: Problem with MAREY LP Tankless Model 23LP - $50 to whoever can diagnose!!

Hybrid View

Default Problem with MAREY LP Tankless Model 23LP - $50 to whoever can diagnose!!

OK this is a stumper and $50 to the first guy who can diagnose! Bought a Marey model 23LP about 2 years ago. Bought the accompanying vent kit with it. Sat in a box for all this time, which i was told was fine. had it professionally installed by the gas company, professionally vented by a plumber, and plumbed by said plumber. Unit display reads140 degrees - exactly what the book says it should - no error codes. water is running thru it cuz I can hear/feel it, plus when I close the shutoff water ceases. So what's the problem? IT WONT IGNITE!. i know it's getting gas, cuz tank has plenty and when dirt leg was unscrewed i smelled it, plus furnace runs. water is going in AND out, and it's vented. the exhaust blower won't even turn on, although it turns with no problem. i didn't install the pressure relief valve, but my dad's doesn't have one and his works (albeit his is a different brand.) So - KILLER water pressure, plenty o' gas, good venting, no error codes, troubleshooting was fruitless, all electrical connections are right/tight, tapped on ignitor and transformer or whatever it is (hey - it works on cars when you tap the coil!) I don't get it. Ideas? Again, it runs, you get a check in the mail for a cool $50 JIM, 218-566-1135 home, 218-256-1135 cell

General Engineering Contractor ballvalve's Avatar

try the ball pein hammer trick again... then no result,

Go to true value and get a $199 40 gallon electic tank model. Sell that junk on gee-bee-bay.

Prior to disposal, bleed out your gas line of air before starting up the rig.

I have a saw mill with a big hydraulic system with many new parts, but every now and then without a smack from the hammer on the box, it all shuts down.
    Last edited by ballvalve; 06-18-2011 at 10:15 AM.

Default response to your response!

Tried the hammer, believe me. Even added a few choice words to "Coax" it to work. No luck. But you gave me an idea. This is new construction, brand new gas tank, new lines (that yellow, corregated stuff), and brand new blackpipe to the unit. Do you reckon maybe there is air in the line and thus the unit isn't sensing gas, thereby not even bothering to engage the ignitors since there's no/insufficient gas coming in? If so what's the remedy? I don't want an electric one - don't even want a tank one. Too spendy to use and I don't have the room to spare. These things are the cats A$$ when they're working properly. whataya think?

Gotta get all the air out of new gas line.....

LOL, yeah, I gotcha loud and clear. question is...HOW do I bleed the line so that GAS is coming into the unit and not just air??

The three stooges would hold a match to the pipe end.

If its a long line, you just have to estimate the amount of air held by the pipe to be bled off to a safe place. then try to ignite the rig.