Fan relay needs replacing

Users who are viewing this thread

Tonelious

Reaction score
The fan relay on my water to air heat pump has a loose connector. if you jiggle the wire it cuts on and off. my problem is choosing the correct one to replace it. I have a cold-flow heat pump the old relay is an S&E I cant find any information on this company the tag reads as follows. SE90340 contact rating 12afl 60alr 125v 6afl 35alr 250v. It has 4 connectors on top 2 in the center and 4 on the bottom. Looking online for replacement parts some are listed 24v some 120v and some 240. How can I tell which one my old one is. It has a lead from the t24v transformer and a 120v that stays hot.(I`m assuming thats for power when the fan is in the on position not auto. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Terry Love your forum is the best.

DonL

Jack of all trades Master of one
Reaction score
Welcome to Terry's Forums Tonelious,

And you are correct that ; "Terry Love your forum is the best."

I would look at the connections and see if it is just a connection problem.

If you replace the relay then the connections going to it are bad, then it still has a problem.

If it has Crimp connections then I would look at them first.

Good Luck on your project, and enjoy your day.

DonL

Last edited:

Tonelious

Reaction score
Thanks for your reply DonL, I checked the connections thats when I found one of the posts was loose on the relay where the 120v lead is connected. I do not think there is any way to tighten or fix it. I did not mention that on my original post but I was trying to keep it as short as possible

DonL

Jack of all trades Master of one
Reaction score
If you can take it apart then you might be able to solider it.

A new one would be best, but I would try to repair it and use non acid flux.

The coil is 24V, here is a place that you can get one;
http://acpartsdistributors.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=1833

P.S. If it is burnt then maybe your fan run cap is bad or you could have another problem.
Normally there is a reason that they burn up.

DonL

Last edited:

Tonelious

Reaction score
Thanks for your help DonL the fan run capacitor was changed last summer. I did the repair on the relay and it seems to be working fine now but I ordered a new one. I am going to install it the first chance I get

misterfixer

Reaction score
Changing the relay or sequencer has become a regular thing for me. Dealing with 15 year old Goodman air handlers, I've found that call backs for no blower operation ceased when I changed the weak capacitor AND the relay at the same time.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks