Any real advantage to soft water resin rinse?

Users who are viewing this thread

bgauweiler

Reaction score
Is there any real benefit to regenerating with softened water (from a second tank)? Several manufactures specifically mention this feature of there system as a way to increase resin life and save water and salt.

Last edited:

Akpsdvan

In the Trades
Reaction score
If you are talking about a twin system, yes there can be some benefits if the water has high iron and hardness to clean the out going tank with the on coming tank.
One also gets to use the most of a tank before the change thus using less salt over the long term of the system

What is the water test of your water?

bgauweiler

Reaction score
I'm on municipal water supply (so I do not think I have a iron problem). Water hardness is 20 Grains. It's just the wife and me in the house now so I'm looking at a 26 or 32K system. I do like the idea of not having to have a full day of reserve capacity possibly wasted (as with a single tank design). Anyone have any experience with vortech tank design?

Akpsdvan

In the Trades
Reaction score
Have not seen them around here, but in the books from my suppliers... the one that I deal with the most and I are of like mind, we are staying away from it..
Some may like it but for what I am doing with the turbulator it will not work.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks