10 Inch rough in

Users who are viewing this thread

bridgji

Reaction score
I want to replace an old toilet with an elongated bowl i have in a basement bathroom. The old toilet tanks sits right next to the cement wall. I'd like to put some insulation on the wall so was thinking of going with a 10 Inch rough in toilet to open some space for this. I have a few questions
1. Will the 10 Inch rough in push further out in front?

2. If I go with a round toilet would that allow the front to be about in the same space? the space in front is limited also.

3. The toilet that is currently down there has 4 bolts holding it down; two look like normal bolts going to the flange. The other two appear just to be going to the cement in front of the flange. I assume the two front bolts are just an old style is there anything I should be concerned when replacing it with a current two bolt one?

Thanks for the help.
Jim

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
It depends on HOW they make it a 10" rough. If they use a conventional 12" bowl with a slimmer tank, then it will be the same. IF it is a dedicated 10" bowl, it will project 2" more, because the opening will be 2" further back from the front of the bowl..

bridgji

Reaction score
If I was looking to keep it projecting out about the same I assume could probably go to a round vs elongated and make it up the space. Thanks for the reply

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
Toto makes several toilets that use one of their Unifit adapters. These adapters come in 10", 12", and 14" sizes which allow the same toilet to fit any of those rough in sizes. Toto is the only manufacture that makes these adapters and they will only fit selected models. You can find these elsewhere on this site.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks