pin holes in copper pipe

Users who are viewing this thread

Dennis Anthony

Reaction score
Hey everyone, new to the forum. I was wondering if anyone else has had problems of copper pipe corrusion a little while after installing a gas fired tankless water heater. About 6 years after installation I started having problems within 12 feet of the heater. Two different area,s. So far I,ve talked to three people with the same thing all with tankless heaters all on hot water lines close to the heater. There will be a little spot of green corrusion then a pin hole will develop. I appreciate any help I can get. Thanks Dennis

LLigetfa

DIYer, not in the trades
Reaction score
Did the installation of the tankless change the electrical continuity of the the copper piping? What I mean is there some sort of electrical isolation now?

Some theories of pinhole leaks suggest galvanic corrosion. Tank heaters have sacrificial anodes.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks