Identify Shower Valve/Stem

Users who are viewing this thread

yebin75

Reaction score
I'm about to lose my mind. I've been to lowes, home depot, *******, ace and am unable to simply find a knob that will fit easily on this valve stem. Can anyone identify what type it is? The original builder told me to buy a danco for mixit handle. This was only available at ace hardware, which i picked up today and wasnt even close.
The threads on this stem and wider base on the end of the stem wont fit any handles I've tried, this strange tip also makes it impossible to even use a generic vice grib handle as it wont rest and tighten comfortably.

Any ideas? The original knob had some type of adapter in it looked like a socket. When looking for this to replace my spare bathroom, I left the knob and adapter in my cart while at lowes...now I'm really up the creek!

Attachments

• DSCF0250.jpg
    DSCF0250.jpg
    22.3 KB · Views: 1,038
  • DSCF0249.jpg
    DSCF0249.jpg
    22.7 KB · Views: 1,126

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
That picture could be a million chinese vavles, or a name brand as well. A pic of the handles, and a pic of the valve with the chrome sleeve removed would help.

yebin75

Reaction score
well i tried the mixit handle again and tightened them beyond my comfort zone...starting to hear plastic cracking...but they now turn the stem on and off.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks