help needed quickly, re: ac fuse

Users who are viewing this thread

Laura Albertini

Reaction score
I have a issue with my ac unit 's fuse. How can I tell if it is burned and need a new one.. if so, where would I go and how much are they? The fuse if attached to a t shaped holder, and one side looks like it is burnt, help please!! It is hot in here!

Cacher_Chick

Test, Don't Guess!
Reaction score
We don't know what you are looking at, as most central air units do not have fuses.

If you posted a couple pictures along with the make and model information, it might be helpful.

SacCity

In the Trades
Reaction score
Website
saccityplumbing.com
The fuse is most likly the service disconect which is required for servicing the unit.
Most likly you have a bussman 30 Amp fuse, but could be more I've seen upto 60 amp fuses but that is alot of power.

Take the Tee part fuse holder pulls out as part of the service disconnect, just take that to Home Depot and they should be able to hook you up with replacement fuses.
I think that they are about $4 each.
Michael

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
If the holder looks burnt, it may need to be replaced. Excessive heat can make the springs that hold the fuses and make the connection weak, and make a poor connection, causing more heat and potential failure. If it gets intermittent, it could burn out the compressor as well.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks