(206) 949-5683, Top Rated Plumber, Seattle
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bathroom Diverter nightmare....

Retired Defense Industry Engineer jadnashua's Avatar

The guts may be new, but did you replace the handles? Also, as mentioned, all new valves add some protection with anti-scald technology. This may or may not be an issue, but it will certainly make it easier to sell the house when the time comes, and if there are any elderly or really young users of that shower/tub, then they are more susceptable to getting hurt if there's a momentary surge of hot or cold water...the new valves protect against those major temperature changes.
    Jim DeBruycker
    Important note - I'm not a pro
    Retired Defense Industry Engineer; Schluter 2.5-day Workshop Completed 2013, 2014

Quote Originally Posted by helpmeplzSD View Post
    Thank you so much everyone for the replies. I am glad to finally get some much needed advice. I looked through the link Redwood provided for Alfano Plumbing and in their catalog found two diverter assemblies which look very close to what I have.... I am not sure which one could be the winner but i want to make sure its an exact match specially if i order from online... Here is another picture of the whole diverter assembly taken apart and the two from the alfano site catalog.Attachment 13201Attachment 13202Attachment 13203

the central brass is on the left and the gerber is on the right.... i know my original photo is kind of crappy but which one do you think it is? also if i order from alfanco do they come with the seats?
    Close but no Cigar...

Call 800-228-4718 and ask them how you can send the pic to them or, if they can look at it here....

Quote Originally Posted by Redwood View Post
    Close but no Cigar...

Call 800-228-4718 and ask them how you can send the pic to them or, if they can look at it here....
    I will try that on monday, as they're not open on the weekend, i am going to go to two plumber warehouses locally tomorrow to see if they can match the exact diverter - I will update the thread. Thank you everyone for the help!

I fixed it!!!! I went to a local Plumber supply warehouse and they told me they did not carry the part but they gave me a card of another plumber supply store which upon going to, within seconds of walking through the door and showing the gentleman the part he identified it right away and said they had the whole assembly seat handles and all the stuff so he asked if i needed the whole thing or just the diverter... he gave me the parts which matched exactly, it did not have a label on it and I still have no idea what brand it was but I came home right away installed it and it works! no leaks! way to go Kirk Plumbing in El Cajon California! they have a huge variety of parts old and new, If you're in the area or stuck looking for an exact part im sure they can probably help... website = http://www.kirk*******************/ Thanks Everyone for the advice and help, it is very much appreciated!

Neither the Central or Gerber BONNETS look anywhere near the same as yours, and that is the thing that DEFINITELY has to match if it is going to fit the valve properly. The center stem is almost irrelevent as far as matching yours, because once you get the bonnet right, the stem just has to screw through it properly. Which it will if you get the whole assembly. Your handles look EXACTLY like Harcraft, although there are probably other similar ones.

Me thinks it might have been a sterling...