changing house supply connection

Users who are viewing this thread

jasontf

Reaction score
I need to change my main house shutoff from a gate valve to a ball valve. I have 3/4" soft copper coming in and 1" galvanized pipe inside. What is the best way to make this connection?

jasontf

Reaction score
I can't get a picture now. It's an old house. I have 3/4" soft copper to a compression fitting, then a threaded gate valve (1"), then a galvanized union (1"), then a short galvanized nipple (1"), and a galvanized tee to go into the house (1") and into a hose bib(1/2").

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
The obvious answer would be to use a 1" ball valve and spend a couple of hours to adjust the galvanized piping as necessary, possibly making multiple trips to the Ace Hardware store, to make it fit. Or call a plumber who can do the whole thing in a matter of a half hour or so.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks