air conditioner question

Users who are viewing this thread

Cookie

Reaction score
if you completely cover the vent on a room-sized air conditioner whereas, the air cannot escape, besides, not cooling the room can it overheat.

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
yes it will probably freeze the coil and overheat the compressor......was this an accident? If you let everything settle for about 24 hours, it will probably work ok again

Cookie

Reaction score
It was a hypothetical question between my son and I installing an airconditioner. lol. I said it would, he said it wouldn't.

DonL

Jack of all trades Master of one
Reaction score
Most of the window units have dummy mode built in.

They realize there will be some dummy that will leave the drapes closed and turn the unit on.

The air flow can not normally be completely blocked, unless maybe you pushed a pillow onto the front.
If someone does that then they deserve to have the compressor burn up.

Have a Great Day.

DonL

Cookie

Reaction score
Yep, we were talking if it was completely closed off as in something would be laying on it, a towel, etc, completely stopping the air-flow. I have alot of fun with him, we are the original mythbusters. Since he was little we would take stuff apart just to see... and, then leave it for his dad to put back together.

DonL

Jack of all trades Master of one
Reaction score
Yep, we were talking if it was completely closed off as in something would be laying on it, a towel, etc, completely stopping the air-flow. I have alot of fun with him, we are the original mythbusters. Since he was little we would take stuff apart just to see... and, then leave it for his dad to put back together.

That is cool, The best way to learn, is to do.

I bet he misses his father.

I hope you have gotten better at putting things back together, LOL.

Enjoy your afternoon.

DonL

Cookie

Reaction score
Yeah, he does. We all do. My husband was heavily into the sciences which was only superseded by mine. I won this award years ago. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intel_Science_Talent_Search
What I miss about my husband was our family talks about science & mathematics, etc, and, the chaos theory, My sons didn't think I knew what it was and would get flustered, and I would say, " see, I am making chaos." It was so funny. Then, I would get chased around the room laughing.

My husband would show the neighbor kids science things in the garage all the time. He was always doing something in there, lol. and, the kids would come and peek. He was loved by many, and respected by me.

You are right though it is nice when kids learn when little. That is how I learned. My dad was electrical and when I was 6 he told me not to turn the tv on for it was "arking." Well, all I knew was Bugs was on. ( I could tell time) So, I didn't listen to daddy, turned it on, saw it smoke, saw the flames and figured out what arking meant really quick.

Dad gave me a lesson on electronics and I was hooked. In first grade, the teacher told us to get out our "reading" books, I asked her, " where she kept her schematics." That is how I learned to read.

At nine I was safely, discharing capacitors. For Xmas I would get things like ohmmeters, a how to build your own ham radio kit, soldering guns & lead, I don't think I ever owned a doll, let alone a Barbie. Girls weren't interested in building anything electrical and didn't like getting zapped.

I was 15 and the boys were jealous of my workshop. They thought it was my brother's. Are you kidding? It is mine and don't touch anything. Don't touch my tools I would tell them. I don't think they quite understood. ;)

So, I do agree with you early is great. My discipline really lies in mathematics though. I love numbers, and I love math. My one son is the same way. My younger son is like his dad, I called them both " mad scientists."

But, I love to take anything apart, but find it boring putting it back.

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks