Users who are viewing this thread

Mad Plumber

Mad Skills
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
Terry,
this is my first post on this site.
I am not a plumber/electrician. I am a toolmaker and have used both for moldmaking purposes.
I am trying to build a shower with 3 spray jets, 1 rainshower and 1 handheld. All attached to a 3/4 in Kohler thermostatic valve.
The manifold Kohler makes is great, but expensive.
Instead, i want to create a loop for these 5 valves.
Never will i have all these on at once. I figure i will max out hot water at 5.7gal/min with my eternal gs-150 tankless.
My water pressure will handle at least this 5.7gal/min max capacity.
I wish to control my own valves and have 5 control valves one for each fixture.

My concern is being able to secure the valves and creation of a loop that will allow fairly good balance without a manifold. All the fixtures will go on one wall.
My first thought is to create a metal plate, drill holes and fasten the valves and spray jets to it.
I have access to a laser cutter.
I may need to build a frame around the metal panel and attach it to the studs.
Since i am not experienced at doing this type of work i need a professional opinion or suggestions.
If you can give me that i would appreciate it.
Thanks,
mark
https://terrylove.com/forums/member.php?45889-uptodate1

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
Build the manifold, a plumber would do it as he went, and then solder the sections together wherever they meet. Install the manifold and anchor it to the wood framework as necessary.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks