Toilet Noise

Users who are viewing this thread

btmoore9

Reaction score
Ok, we thought this noise was more of a pipe issue until I was standing in my bathroom yesterday and the noise started and no one had even flushed the toilet! When we flush our toilet...only the mater bath toilet......this God aweful noise "hums" and now a vibrate has included itself! But when you turn water on the noise stops. Well yesterday when I heard the noise I took the top off the toilet and lifted the floater thingie :p Hope you all like my terminology and the vibrating and humming stops when I lift it up. Is there not enough water getting in there to keep the floatie up or is the floatie or is it something else?? I hope someone can help me here :)

Thank you

Bridget

btmoore9

Reaction score
Thank you so much for the info....I will do this and let you know how it works for me :)

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
Most components in our plumbing systems use rubber for various types of seals. When the chlorine and other things in the water take their toll, rubber can get hard, or soft, or bentout of shape, or just worn. Now this rubber piece may vibrate, especially when just a low amount of flow is happening. This vibration makes noise, and it actually cause the water stream to vibrate, transmitting the noise throughout the house.

So as recommended above, repair or replace the fill valve inside the toilet. If the noise continues, come back and there are other things we can talk about.

btmoore9

Reaction score
Fluidmaster Is A God!!!!!!!!!

LonnythePlumber said:
Replace the ballcock with a fluidmaster 400a or replace your ballcock washer.

Thank you so much for your advice! The fluidmaster solved the problem and the noise is GONE!!!!!!! :D Pretty easy to install as well (speaking for my husband :p .)

Thank you again

Bridget

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks